In this fast paced world, it’s easy to rush through a yoga routine or a Reiki session (self-Reiki). And some people might skip the daily yoga or Reiki session. However, remember these 5 tips to experience the best Reiki session.
- Wash Your Hands — When you end your Reiki session remember to wash your hands or at least run cold water over them. This helps stop the Reiki energy flow and it signals the body and the Universal Life Force that you are now getting on with your day.
- Close the Session with a Statement — Mention that the Reiki go where it’s needed for Highest and Best (or choose your own phrase) at the beginning and at the end of a session (for self-Reiki and for working with clients). You can also say, “May the Reiki continue to flow where it is needed for highest and best.”
- Use Caution with Stones and Crystals — When you work with crystals or gemstones, try not to place them directly on the skin, especially if the stones contain heavy metals, arsenic, or asbestos. Research the stones that you are using in your practice because many stones we think are safe contain toxins. Place the stones on tissue or a cloth instead of directly on the skin. And don’t place the stones in a glass of water and then drink the water.
- Drink a Glass of Water — Just like you wash your hands when you close a session, drink a glass of water. And if you are working with a client, provide a glass of water for the client (or a bowl of clean water for an animal client). The human or the animal client might also become thirsty during the session but the glass of water is also to flush out energy.
- Give Gratitude — Remember to thank your spirit guides, the Reiki life force, and the spirit guides of the client. Giving gratitude creates a flow of love energy and it shows respect to the spiritual forces that help with the Reiki session. Gratitude is a beneficial practice in all regards. Don’t forget to also thank the client.
Although every Reiki student has learned these practices (except possibly the practice with crystals and stones), it’s easy to forget the basics as we rush through life. Pause, breathe and reflect. May your Reiki practice always bring you peace.
If you enjoyed reading this article, please SUPPORT this blog. You can also sign up for sessions with me. I’m currently taking astrology, animal Reiki, and other modality clients for January.